Is 2 nights in Lapland enough?
If you’re thinking about heading to Lapland but only have a short amount of time, you might be wondering if two nights is enough to experience everything the region has to offer.
What to Do in Lapland
Lapland, a region spanning Northern Finland, Norway, Sweden, and parts of Russia, is famous for incredible natural beauty, the Northern Lights, and Santa Claus. In winter, the region is covered in snow and provides ample opportunity for a variety of winter activities.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Lapland has several ski resorts offering slopes of varying difficulty levels. The resorts are particularly stunning due to their remote location, surrounded by wilderness and often the northern lights.
- Cross-Country Skiing: Lapland’s vast network of cross-country skiing trails offers an incredible adventure for those looking to experience the region’s stunning wilderness.
- Snowshoeing: A popular winter activity that allows you to explore Lapland’s vast, untouched wilderness.
- Husky Sledding: A highlight of any trip to Lapland, husky sledding is a thrilling experience that lets you race through the snowy landscape while getting to know the adorable dogs themselves.
- Reindeer Sleigh Rides: Offered by many tour operators, reindeer sleigh rides are a peaceful way to experience the beauty of Lapland’s wild backcountry.
- Northern Lights Watching: Lapland is one of the best places in the world to witness the incredible Northern Lights. The aurora borealis are usually visible between September and March.
- Visit Santa: Lapland is the official home of Santa Claus and it’s possible to visit him year-round in his village.
- Snowmobiling: Snowmobiling tours are offered throughout Lapland and offer an incredible way to get out into the wilderness.
Is 2 Nights in Lapland Enough?
Ultimately, whether two nights in Lapland is enough depends on what you want to do during your trip. If you’re hoping to try out several different winter activities, such as skiing, snowshoeing, and husky sledding, you may find that two nights is not enough. However, if you’re mainly interested in seeing the Northern Lights and visiting Santa, two nights should be sufficient.
One thing to keep in mind is that Lapland is a remote destination, so getting there can take some time. If you’re only staying for two nights, you’ll want to make sure you make the most of your time and plan your activities accordingly.
Tips for Your Trip to Lapland
If you’re planning a trip to Lapland, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure to dress warmly, as temperatures in the region can get extremely cold.
- Book activities and accommodation in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Consider staying in a glass igloo for a unique and unforgettable experience.
- Bring a good camera to capture the stunning natural beauty of the region and the Northern Lights.
Whether you’re looking to spend your time skiing and snowboarding, racing through the snowy landscape behind a team of huskies, or simply relaxing under the Northern Lights, Lapland is an incredible destination well worth a visit. While two nights may be enough to see some of the highlights, you’ll likely want to return for a longer stay to fully immerse yourself in all the region has to offer.