Are you planning to visit Iceland but wondering if you can use your Revolut Card? Worry not, in this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about using Revolut in Iceland.
What is Revolut?
Revolut is a UK-based digital bank that provides a prepaid debit card, currency exchange, and peer-to-peer payments. The card allows customers to spend money in over 150 currencies with no hidden fees or exchange rate markups.
Using Revolut in Iceland
If you are wondering whether you can use your Revolut card in Iceland, the answer is yes! Iceland is one of the countries where Revolut is supported.
Revolut works in Iceland and allows you to make purchases at any establishment that accepts MasterCard. You can use your Revolut card to pay for your accommodation, transportation, food, and any other goods or services you may require during your trip.
How to Use Revolut in Iceland
Using your Revolut card in Iceland is easy. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure your Revolut card is activated before you travel to Iceland.
- Check that you have enough funds on your account to cover your expenses.
- Inform Revolut that you will be traveling to Iceland to avoid any issues with your card being blocked.
- Ensure that you have a reliable internet connection to access the Revolut app to manage your account and transactions.
Remember that ATMs in Iceland may impose additional fees for cash withdrawals. However, Revolut allows you to withdraw up to €200 per month for free.
Benefits of Using Revolut in Iceland
Here are some of the benefits of using Revolut in Iceland:
- No hidden fees or exchange rate markups
- You can hold multiple currencies on your Revolut account.
- You can freeze or unfreeze your card at any time through the Revolut app.
- You can monitor your spending and transactions in real-time through the Revolut app.
In conclusion, if you are traveling to Iceland, you can use your Revolut card to make purchases as long as the establishment accepts MasterCard. Remember to inform Revolut of your travel plans and ensure you have enough funds on your account to cover your expenses.
Using Revolut in Iceland is a convenient and cost-effective way to manage your finances during your trip.