Are you looking to explore the vast and rugged landscapes of Greenland? Perhaps you’re wondering if it’s possible to fly from London to Greenland?
Can you fly from London to Greenland?
The answer is yes, you can fly from London to Greenland. However, direct flights are only available during certain times of the year, typically from June to September, and are typically only offered once a week. Outside of these months, you may need to take a connecting flight or alternative route to reach your destination.
How to Get to Greenland from London
The easiest way to get to Greenland from London is by flying. During peak season, several airlines offer direct flights to Greenland, including Air Greenland and Icelandair. Direct flights typically depart from London’s Heathrow Airport and arrive at Kangerlussuaq Airport in Greenland. The flight takes approximately 4 hours.
If direct flights are not available during your travel dates, you may need to take a connecting flight or alternative route. Some popular connecting airports include Reykjavik, Iceland and Copenhagen, Denmark.
Visiting Greenland – What to Know Before You Go
Greenland is a unique travel destination known for its rugged beauty and breathtaking scenery. Here are a few tips to keep in mind before you go:
- Greenland is the least densely populated country in the world, so be prepared for long stretches of untouched wilderness.
- The official language of Greenland is Kalaallisut, although many residents also speak Danish and English.
- The climate in Greenland is extremely cold and Arctic, so be sure to pack warm clothing and gear.
- Greenland also experiences extended periods of daylight during the summer months and extended periods of darkness during the winter months.
- Greenland’s currency is the Danish Krone, although many places also accept payment in Euros and US Dollars.
Exploring Greenland – What to See and Do
Whether you’re interested in exploring Greenland’s rugged landscapes, learning about the local culture, or viewing the Northern Lights, there’s no shortage of things to see and do in this unique travel destination.
Some popular activities and attractions include:
- Exploring Ilulissat’s Icefjord and its massive glaciers and icebergs.
- Visiting the capital city of Nuuk and learning about Greenland’s history and culture at the National Museum of Greenland.
- Taking a dog-sledding tour across Greenland’s vast wilderness.
- Viewing the Northern Lights during the winter months.
- Fishing for Arctic char and other local fish in Greenland’s icy rivers and lakes.
Whether you’re an adventure-seeker or simply looking to experience the beauty of one of the world’s last great wildernesses, Greenland is a travel destination that won’t disappoint.
So what are you waiting for? Book your flight from London to Greenland today for the adventure of a lifetime!